Sunday, August 9, 2009

a promise

I thought really hard about this trip. After I booked it. Im taking it for a thousand reasons. It was my dream when I was younger, to fill the missing gaps in my family, to find my history, to discover my families past, and to reach this place at the edge of the country I was in love with. So far away from everything else, and so close to my own mysteries. Last summer was about deconstruction, destruction, and foolish games that I was sitting on the outside watching them unfold. It was a place where everyone wanted to follow me and I walked it alone. I loved it alone. And I will keep it for myself. And again tomorrow I leave for that edge. And I will walk it again, I will walk its length, climb its height, and swim to its depths. I will find answers again, be bound to new questions, and dream out into its wide open, overcome new fears, and build new memories.

No comments: