there was strange feeling.
like a cry for help but with no sound. I walked there. late. But something in me just wanted to feel something familiar. Not that anything tonight was not familiar. I had seen more friedds in one night than i have seen in my entirety of being back in NY. I wanted a crepe. And Nikos was there. I walked behind the counter and gave him a hug and we exchanged hellos. something weirdly guilty grew over me. As if I didn't suddenly deserve it because i realized that i am one of them... no less passionate and no less hungry for happiness. And i remember our last conversation. and my heart broke in two or three and i couldn't hold back the feeling as I walked out and went towards the empty square of Keramikos. I wanted to take him out. because i knew and he knew and we all knew he was just another effected citizen. Its strange to come home. and not have a home to go to. To walk the streets and not be able to understand why i can't just go to Kolokotroni 48, take the elevator to 3A and go crawl into bed.
like a cry for help but with no sound. I walked there. late. But something in me just wanted to feel something familiar. Not that anything tonight was not familiar. I had seen more friedds in one night than i have seen in my entirety of being back in NY. I wanted a crepe. And Nikos was there. I walked behind the counter and gave him a hug and we exchanged hellos. something weirdly guilty grew over me. As if I didn't suddenly deserve it because i realized that i am one of them... no less passionate and no less hungry for happiness. And i remember our last conversation. and my heart broke in two or three and i couldn't hold back the feeling as I walked out and went towards the empty square of Keramikos. I wanted to take him out. because i knew and he knew and we all knew he was just another effected citizen. Its strange to come home. and not have a home to go to. To walk the streets and not be able to understand why i can't just go to Kolokotroni 48, take the elevator to 3A and go crawl into bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment