Thursday, July 1, 1993

Thursday July 1st

I went back home yesterday.
It felt good to be somewhere a bit more familiar.
I met two girls in my class that live on Long Island, and they commute everyday to Parsons. One is named Erin (she actually lives close by in Seatuaket and she actually knows Dimitri Pittas) and the other is Kimberly. I took the 4:40 train back with Erin , after spending most of the day with them both. Kim is definitely a lot cooler than Erin. She is good looking, has good taste in music, and she dresses pretty fucking rad. She even used to skate! She says I look like her boyfriend. They only thing is that she is from Garden City (close to Hempstead). Yesterday morning before we went to get our ID cards, we were sitting on the side walk on 12th street, waiting for our instructor Mr.Dewey, and we were reading a bumper sticker on the back of a van... thats when we started talking and discovered that we were both from Long Island, so we took our breaks together (our class is from 9 until 4... its a pretty intense class), and I brought her to Romp and she was loved it. I told her about my friends at home and she wants to meet them.


Anyway it took almost two hours to get to Port Jeff, but i slept a bit on the train. When i got off i called Tanya, figuring she would be excited to hear from me and was hoping she would come pick me up - but she was meeting with Marc. I called Brenna but she didnt have a car, so I called Erich and he came and got me.
He picked me up in his mean machine and we headed to Bren's house, which along the course of the road he told me about the previous night. He and Brenna had received gifts from Paul while at dinner. Brenna got underwear and hand cream and Erich got Grey Flannel (the same cologne I wear!). When Erich told him that I wear the same cologne he got "all huffy puffy". Paul is a bit jealous i guess, he thinks that Erich and I are more than friends, but anyway I like Tanya too much. He sent Erich Roses the next day also. I felt a bit uncomfortable hearing about the gifts, especially the roses so i didn't really make any comments about it.
I sat at Bren's for like an hour and she told me the same stuff basically that i had heard from Erich. Except he left out the part where Paul professes his love for him. Again 'no comment',


Later that night I went back to Bren's house. Erich was there and then Rich-Kim came by in her lottery money volvo that is kind of cool, except that Bren's mom has like the same car. We all headed out to the Diner for a 'coffee'. Thats what we do out here--- we get coffee at Diners. Coram Pond 'scum' Diner, Tanglewood Diner, High Lite Diner, Seaport Diner... etc... tonight it was Tanglewood. While we were sitting in the vinyl seats Kim tells us she thinks that Paul is schitzo. Whatever. But what if he is nuts? like really mental? Erich could be in a weird spot then. Anyway Rich-Kim and i were laughing and making jokes the whole night and she was doing it purposely I think to piss Paul off (who had since arrived). well it worked because he made a nasty remark to her something like 'what are you best friends with Nick now...' Bren Told me on the drive home that she thinks Paul feels threatened by me. Thats sad.


Tomorrow I am going to the Natural History Museum, and then afterwards Bren, Tanya, and Erich will come out to Astoria. I cant wait.

No comments: