Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sun-Burnt and Burgers

Friday night I went to a party at a house near Stathmo Larrisis (the national railway's main train station in Athens). It was a-right. I would have preferred some thing a bit more 34th-street-back-yard but it work for the time being. The heat is getting unbearable. Even at night it makes you want to crawl under the air conditioner. We left with Elena, walked through Gazi. Ate a crepe, chit-chatted and left.



The rest of the weekend was spent at the local beaches of athens during the day and doing all sorts of culturally retarded things at night...





(this is the outdoor theater... notice daylight?)


or like going to the Ancient Stadium of Athens to hear Harris Alexiou sing, announcing that she would perform a very personal selections of songs, and only to have it be a set list mysteriously resembling what i had heard 9 years ago...

I must admit I really went just for the opportunity to see a performance in an unusual venue for the arts (if you could call it arts)...
anyway- the end

No comments: