OK, I am not usually so hung up on the whole Macedonian issue. But I am a bit of a history lover and so I felt a bit angry when i hear things that are just straight out wrong. Especially when it is something that is published on an on-line newspaper that people will read and believe. I wrote to the author of that article I had linked in my post the other day and ask him if he could make a bit clearer some confusing points (and some what irrelevant points) had mentioned when he accused all of the Greek nation as racists and frauds.
(i.e. He mentions that a tiny tiny fraction of Greeks today have lineage to Ancient Greece, and then goes on to say that more than half of the Greek population is from Asia Minor and the Black Sea.. any one that has the slightest knowledge of the History of Asia Minor knows what an oxymoronic statement that is considering Asia Minor WAS THE HEART OF ANCIENT GREECE.)
Aside from this there were other points that were just twisted facts, obviously he is a bit of a nationalists, and in order to justify the current political events of the southern Balkans, it was easiest to talk about the policies of a Greek nation 100 years ago (which were wrong and a lesson to learn from... but irrelevant to what is happening now).
Point being here, he responded. And instead of trying to clear up his discrepancies in his article that i had challenged him on, he chose to just respond with one question:
Do you think it is right that the Greek government is denying the existence of Macedonians?
No comments:
Post a Comment