Friday, February 19, 2010

And you could say, you looked at me. But you were far away.


I felt tired all week. A sleeplessness wrapped around my thoughts and kept me away from the inside of the covers and left a distance between me and the choice between two cities. I remembered today what it was that drew me away when I finally gave in and slept more than your average disco nap. Unfulfilled is an understatement I suppose.  Empty doesn't command enough attention either. This city lones you, it doesn't hug you in the morning, nor does it greet you with a sun that makes you want to close your eyes and lift your head high. There are lights that shine bright, but not in the sky. There are strangers waiting to meet you, but not a hand to pull you in. The Reality of the limit is what helps me these days... The reality of where I want to be.

No comments: