Monday, July 18, 2011

Tonight. Tomorrow.

I made it by the skin of my teeth. There is a couple outside fighting and crying. Nothing unfamiliar to Jackson street. Nicolas is leaving tomorrow and was suppose to meet him at the local dive for a drink. But fortunate for me they were still downtown with his buddies and I was able to escape the wait and use work as an excuse. I'll miss him. He will be gone until September. (and then Christopher and Manu leave for the French Polynesian islands, and Pel for Greece.) And the last month we have grown incredibly close now that he has let go of his guard and allowed me in again. My friends are far and few here in New York. I wish I could change that. I stepped outside into the heat to answer his call and turned back and thought no way do I want to go back in there. So I walked my bike home. Felt a soft rain fall for a moment and thought of how fast I felt so ok with everything. No pressure to do the right thing. But doing things because I want to do them. Not that I never wanted the things I strived for... But I tried to hard sometimes and lost my way. This is not the summer I dreamed of... But I nothing is what you dream of in New York.

No comments: